The Countdown to MadPea’s Nightmare in New Orleans
Welcome to New Orleans Come – take a seat and stay for a while… Allow me to pour you a drink of special concoction. Trust me, it is to die for.
I’ve been expecting you, So I’ve prepared a moonlight feast on the bayou. Ladies? Let’s show our hungry guest our gratitude. Fully satiated, our pleasure – and yours.
On the menu: exquisite Lechery, fine Stupor, and delicate Sin Listen – the moans and whines. Creole jazz tunes fill the air.
Three – Stay a lil’ while longer… There’s no rush; there’s no where else to go. Two – The feeling’s getting stronger, yes? I’ll tell you a secret – This isn’t Voodoo. Yes, Shh… don’t resist. I’ll be gentle. One – sleep…
You cannot stay away.
Welcome to your Nightmare in New Orleans.
Nightmare in New Orleans is the newest mystery adventure game, set in the 1950’s, from MadPea Productions, starting February 14th. You will need to use your investigative skills to find clues and solve puzzles to unfold the mystery! Will you risk the dangers of the Bayou to uncover its darkest secrets?
A hardcore MadPea fan? Can’t wait to get premium, exclusive access to the game 24 hours before everyone else? Then the early access VIP Ticket is exactly what you need.
There are only 20 VIP Tickets available at the MadPea Marketplace store. The tickets are transferable so this would be an amazing gift to that special someone who enjoys these games.
What you get with the VIP TICKET:
Early access starting February 13th at 12pm SLT
24 hours exclusive, lag-free game play
Personal guidance by Queen Pea Kiana Writer & MadPea Crew
Exclusive Group VIP Peas with help from the staff & chat with other VIP TICKETS holders throughout February 2018
Golden VIP MadPea TAG to wear
Nightmare in New Orleans GAME HUD
Nightmare in New Orleans Game Prizes upon completion of the game
Chance to play Nightmare in New Orleans Gacha before anyone else
Are you ready to play Nightmare in New Orleans? Here’s a sneak peek at what you could be experiencing in this amazing adventure mystery game!
The MadPea Christmas Hunt is coming to an end on December 28th (today), and what a wonderful ride it has been! I’ve got some awesome sims and amazing prizes to share with you! Unlike my previous blog posts about the MadPea Christmas Hunt, this one is more a reflective written journey that is filled with my personal experiences and feedback.
I wish I could say I did the MadPea Christmas Hunt every day to show you all the neat places I visited through the entire duration of the hunt. But truth-be-told, between RL Christmas gatherings and SL Christmas gatherings, I was a busy body! However, during my free time, I did visit a few places to take some pictures and here was my magical Christmas adventure:
I came across this serene and cozy winter sim called Malaika Park. “Welcome to Winter At Malaika Park!” I am greeted. To my pleasure, this beautiful, open ice skating area with a cute cozy winter lodge up above overlooking the lovely scene is also open to rez! A photographer’s dream as I start to rez poses and light prims. But then as I was busy setting up, I saw my love playing around with her skates and zipping by. How beautiful and natural everything was. Immediately I just start deleting all my equipment and snap natural shot of Livvy in the background skating with the entire sim for her as a playground. It was a gorgeous sight in its purest form, as intended – natural. This place was a hidden gem for me and I’ll be bringing my family here for some more ice skating and sledding fun.
A crowd favorite, Winter Wonderland at The Forest sim is a lovely delight. With snowy paths with the familiar crunch upon steps to jingling in the distance and bells of the trolley. Sigh – such cozy paradise! I absolutely love this place. There are so many spots to explore and take pictures, but my favorite image was seeing the trolley go through a tunnel of Christmas lights. There’s just something so endearing and familiar about that image that I had to capture it.
Winter Wonderland owners Alexis Wilson (lexxihudson Resident) and Mark Wilson (exde Resident) even provide vacation lodging for those who would like to stay to enjoy the winter beauty of this wonderland. Each cabin includes a private hot tub, picnic area, bbq and firepit. There are five rentable cabins on the sim, and there is already a waitlist! The sim will stay winter season until end of February so I hope my family will be able to stay here for a week before the season turns to spring/summer camping.
Livvy to me, “Let’s make our land look something like this, baby!” Me, a dutiful husband in the making, “Okay, my love.”
Norelia Island is gorgeous in its natural beauty. Identifying as a Mediterranean island, Norelia Island was a welcomed warm paradise after visiting snowy sims after snowy sims. But the lush, enchanting green meeting deep, majestic blue is something Livvy and I both love very much. This photo above is merely a small corner of what this island has to offer, but this very exact spot drew me instantly. What a perfect view with the perfect woman in my lap. This spot right here is my secret oasis.
The Isle was a treasure trove for toys. Toys galore! All clumped in one witty spot – The Grinch’s Stash. Very cute and such a visual delight for all MadPea Hunters involved, no wonder this place was a top favorite! However… this area was not why I chose to feature The Isle. It was the alluring landscape surrounding The Grinch’s Stash that made me fall in love with it.
Home to S Δ j i Δ h (Sajiah Viper), The Isle is enchanting and magical. This charming sim could have been easily overlooked, but slow down – take your time and look around. What beauty surrounds you! No edits involved, this was how I saw The Isle, and it was breathtaking.
“Though in ruins, the heart will always call it home.” – Sajiah Viper, The Isle
Because this is a personal home, I am uncertain how long this gorgeous place will remain open to public. However, Sajiah was very kind in allowing me to photograph and feature her home in this blog. You can also check out Sajiah Viper’s talented photography here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/sajiahviper/
End Street is advertised as a hotel and voyeur adult hangout where there are “Free hotel rooms and wifi.” Truth be told, I just like how the scene looks. The questionable hotel rooms decorated with kinky adult furniture definitely add personality to this shady street, but I like it. It is intriguing and confusing at the same time, but I love the edgy raw-ness the place exudes. Beautiful is a subjective word. I think End Street is beautiful in its own way.
So that wraps up my MadPea Christmas Hunt traveling adventure! It was a lot of fun for me, and I absolutely loved taking these snapshots whenever I saw something I wanted to capture in the moment. I’d love to see or hear about other people’s favorite sims.
My Personal (positive and negative) Feedback – Changes MadPea made from their last hunts:
1. No more competitive cash 🙁
For this hunt, it seems that the Top 5 Hunters (generous) cash reward from the Halloween Hunt has been done away with, as well as the daily cash reward for the Top 3 Hunters we saw in the Summer Hunt. Instead points were given out.
1000 Points to 1st place
500 Points to 2nd place
300 Points to 3rd place
I’m a bit disappointed in this change because as far as we know, there is a hard cap as to how useful points can be in the hunt system, especially for those who already have enough points to redeem all prizes. The incentive for points does not seem really enticing, especially if the top hunters are already racking up a lot of points already. The points to prize ratio is, at face value, not worth compared to the amount of effort it takes to be in the top three places. To put it into perspective, the starter (least expensive) prizes are 500 points. 3rd place winner wouldn’t even be able to snag an extra starter prize if they wanted to. I’d suggest MadPea gift cards or credits instead.
2. Cute Variety of Hunt Items
The Summer Hunt and Halloween Hunt items (seashells and apparitions) were dull compared to the cute toys for the Christmas Hunt. I feel this makes the hunt more of a visual treat, as it is a nice surprise to see all sorts of adorable enchanted toys going crazy. The different kinds of robots are my favorite. They are so adorable and nicely made that I wish I could have them as toy decor under the Christmas tree or for stocking stuffers!
3. Hunting Gear
This time around, we can ride in style as we hunt! All hunters can purchase optional Christmas sleighs that spread a little magic as you hunt for the enchanted toys. At the back of the sleigh will be a number that represents how many toys you have captured, and once the toy is found, it will appear at the back of your sleigh! The sleighs are also texture change so you can wear your team color, if you wanted to. There is also a magical candy cane wand that interacts with the toys as you find them.
HOWEVER… Raise your hand if you had the Effective Liberating Flight Squad (E.L.F.S.) in mind from The Santa Clause movie with Tim Allen? *raises hand* No optional outfits this time around, which was a bit of a bummer. I would have loved a cute jumpsuit with cute Christmas badges and motifs sewn on it, as well as a cute jet pack. So instead, I created my own not-as-cute-as-I-would-have-liked look with various accessories. Unfortunately that means I wasn’t decked out in MadPea products like last time, which is a shame because MadPea makes some really awesome stuff.
I loved the Halloween Ghost Hunt radar – it was compact, visually appealing, and fit the theme. This one I am on the fence about. Let’s start with the new.
Favorite Button – This seems to function only as a voting button to vote for your favorite sims, letting MadPea collect all hunter’s votes when the ‘favorite’ a sim. Then, top 10 sims selected by all hunters so far are placed here on their website. Initially, I thought it would also store locations of your (personal) favorite sims, eliminating the need to create Landmarks. Unfortunately, that function does not exist (yet!).
Counter that tracks each type of hunt item collected – This seems to be more for the achievements that can be obtained for the more hardcore MadPea players wanting to rank in the MadPea Player Portal. Check your standings here.
Window Toggle to display prizes that have been unlocked – An interesting addition to the HUD. It seems this notification window pops up instead of pushing group notices through. It is nice to see right on the screen what prizes have been unlocked. Though I wish there was a scrolling option to see more of the unlocked prizes besides just the most recent one.
Favorite Button – Would love if the HUD could store a hunter’s personal favorite sims so they can come back to the sim at the click of a button.
Hunt HUD Radar size – It seems minimizing the HUD’s real estate on the screen was not an intention. This thing takes up quite a bit of room when opened. The horizontal bar that stays at the top of the screen is clunky. I’d rather the section that displays the numbers be an expandable cartridge, similar to the existing window toggle for the prize display window. Having the numbers take the room and always be displayed on the screen makes me feel more like a goblin at Gringotts Wizarding Bank than an elf.
Underwhelming HUD visual design – Compared to the Halloween Hunt Radar, this Christmas one feels rather lackluster. For a magical celebration such as Christmas, I don’t feel much holiday spirit when I put this HUD on.
Skipping location option – Would be nice to have the option to remove a location from my random TP list. I am not sure how the scripting or algorithm works, but I kept getting the same three sims over and over again that I intentionally wanted to avoid (even though I had a lot of other sims I have not visited).
5. Awesome Prizes!
I loved the prizes this time around. I felt like there was something for everyone. Even if all of the prizes did not appeal to you, I am sure at least one of them would have been a great addition to your avi or home (especially during the Christmas season!). If you haven’t already, check out my other posts here and here to see what some of the MadPea Christmas Hunt prizes are. All prizes are also showcased on the MadPea Christmas Hunt Website as well as their Facebook page.
I wanted to end my coverage of this awesome MadPea Christmas Hunt with their final prize: The Toy Factory. It is 99 LI. Featuring one furnace with a door you can open or close. The fire within can be lit with a simple click. Two functioning conveyors operate at the crank of each lever. The MadPea Christmas Hunt Toys then rez and move down the conveyor belt similar to that of an assembly line.
If you are like me, you would immediately be thinking something along the lines of this:
[real-time reaction below]
Caleb: … It rezzes the MadPea Hunt toys!!! I’m just gonna take the toys out of the conveyor belt prim and rez them all along the assembly line!
*edit linked parts, copy toys over to inventory*
*proceeds to rez all the toys out one by one*
Caleb: So cute! I can’t wait to place these all out an-
*notices the toys start disappearing one by one*
*realizes the toys are temp rez and no mod*
TLDR: MadPea Toys in the Toy Factory are temp rez. Foiled!
RO – Santas Workshop – Stu RARE by AxsisThorn Resident (part of the Santa’s Workshop gacha from December 2017 Arcade)
RO – Santas Workshop – Flu RARE by AxsisThorn Resident (part of the Santa’s Workshop gacha from December 2017 Arcade)
09 Action Holly Jolly – Mini Who Car RARE by MarilynMonroe Munro (part of the Santa’s Workshop gacha from December 2017 Arcade)
10 Action Holly Jolly – Griswold Advent RARE by MarilynMonroe Munro (part of the Santa’s Workshop gacha from December 2017 Arcade)
04 Action Holly Jolly – Santa Mail by MarilynMonroe Munro (part of the Santa’s Workshop gacha from December 2017 Arcade)
SPELL : An invitation Letter by lakua Arriaga (part of the Witchcraft & Wizardry gacha set @ The Chapter Four)
JIAN Christmas Tree 2017 Decorated by JianSL Resident
JIAN ’15 Holiday Decor :: Wreath (Wall) by JianSL Resident
floorplan. north pole toy co. by Tegan Serin
Various toys from the – Kalopsia – Vintage Toys Set by Isabeau Baragula
Various toys from the <:*BoOgErS*:> Kid Clutter gacha set by Zen Zarco (from March 2015 Arcade)
Thank you to MadPea for putting on a wonderful hunt for us all to participate in, making the holiday season so much more enjoyable! Also, big thank you to all the sim location participants who placed out toys for us all to gather. This Christmas hunt would not have been successful without your generosity!
It’s that time of year – Christmas is here (and so is MadPea’s Magical Christmas Hunt)! We’re not alone in our mad scramble to spread holiday cheer both in RL and SL, but Santa seems to have found himself in a bit of madness as well! And we, as the helpful MadPea elves that we are, need to find all the enchanted toys scattered all over the grid to *drumroll* SAVE CHRISTMAS! \o/ /o\ \o/ Okay, don’t mind me – probably had a bit too much of that Rum and Bourbon Eggnog.
MadPea’s Magical Christmas Hunt for Enchanted Toys will be the last hunt MadPea Productions puts on for 2017, and I am confident it will be the best one yet. As you all know, I am a massive fan of the MadPea hunts. They are simple, straightforward, eventful fun for two weeks. Tons of exploration, plenty of collaboration opportunities, and good ol’ fashioned competition – MadPea hunts are not “just any kind of hunt.” Only costing 100L to participate you are rewarded with heaps of great gifts/prizes.
What kind of awesome gifts? Well I am sure you’d like to see for yourself here on their official Facebook page!
Elf Ears: UNISEX[MANDALA]STEKING_EARS_Season 5 by kikunosuke Eel Santa Hat: *ARGRACE* Winter Gift 2016 / Male by rika Oyen Jacket: .:PARKER:.-MIYAZAKI JACKET.white. by Piter Redstar Pants: .:PARKER:.-MIYAZAKI PANTS.white. by Piter Redstar Jetpack: ~Isil~ T-5 Hummingbird Jetpack (1.1) [customized] by Isilmeriel Resident Reindeer Slippers: MadPea Reindeer Slippers by MadPea (MadPea Christmas Hunt Prize) Candy Cane Wand: MadPea Magical Candy Cane Wand – Red by MadPea (MadPea Christmas Hunt, purchased separately)
Pose made by me 🙂
North Pole Sign: MadPea North Pole Light by MadPea (MadPea Christmas Hunt Prize) Hanging Elf: Mutresse-Wrecking Ball-Naughty Elf by Eeky Cioc (part of the Naughty Elf gacha from December 2017 Arcade) Log Deer: MadPea Rustic Deer by MadPea (MadPea Christmas Hunt Prize) Decorative Christmas Ornaments: MadPea Outdoor Christmas Ornament – Merry; MadPea Outdoor Christmas Ornament – Christmas by MadPea (MadPea Christmas Hunt Prize) SnowCouple: MadPea Minty the Snowboy; MadPea Berry the Snowgirl by MadPea (MadPea Christmas Hunt Prize) Santa’s Workshop: RO – Santas Workshop – Workshop RARE by AxsisThorn Resident (part of the Santa’s Workshop gacha from December 2017 Arcade) Lamp Post: RO – Santas Workshop – Lamp Post by AxsisThorn Resident (part of the Santa’s Workshop gacha from December 2017 Arcade) Reindeer Pups: JIAN Santa’s Samoyeds 7. Reindeer Pup Companion; JIAN Santa’s Samoyeds 12. Reindeer Wanderer by JianSL Resident (part of the Santa’s Samoyeds gacha from December 2017 Arcade) Santa Pup: JIAN Santa’s Samoyeds 9. Santa Pup Companion by JianSL Resident (part of the Santa’s Samoyeds gacha from December 2017 Arcade) Sleigh: MadPea Christmas Chariot – Red by MadPea (MadPea Christmas Hunt, purchased separately) Toys in sleigh: RO – Sleigh Bells – Presents RARE by AxsisThorn Resident (part of the Sleigh Bells gacha from December 2015 Arcade)
– Kalopsia – Santa’s Bag of Toys [modified] by Isabeau Baragula Snowy trees: hive // fir tree set by TheHiveStore Resident Christmas Tree: PILOT – Christmas Village 2 – Town Christmas Tree RARE [modified] by Kaz Nayar (part of the Christmas Village 2 gacha from December 2014 Arcade) Clock Tower: PILOT – Christmas Village 2 – Clock Tower RARE [modified] by Kaz Nayar (part of the Christmas Village 2 gacha from December 2014 Arcade)
The MadPea Christmas Hunt – How It Works
Here’s a brief breakdown on how the MadPea Christmas Hunt works. For $100L, you can purchase a MadPea Christmas Hunt HUD at the MadPea Toy Factory that grants you ability to hunt for enchanted toys that have been placed out gridwide from December 14th to December 28th. This Enchanted Toy Finder HUD will also randomly assign you to a team – Green, Red, or White. To find these toys, the HUD acts like a compass/radar that leads you to them.
There are three types of toys that you can find for points – Robots, Stuffed Toys, and Wheelies. There is also special kind of hunt item (A chimney! – now wouldn’t it be funny if you get stuffed down the chimney if you found this one?!) that will give an instant prize instead of points. Robots last for 72 hours and are 50 points each. Stuffed Toys last for 48 hours and are 25 points each. Wheelies last for 24 hours and are 10 points each. With these points, you can redeem some fantastic prizes that can be found here.
As a team, unlock prizes (more than 30 total!) the more toys that are captured. Each unlocked prize gets better and better (and most likely bigger too), so you definitely want to be gathering as many toys as you can find! Pick and choose which of these fantastic prizes you want with the points you have accumulated. Everyone has two weeks to work together, as a team, to unlock all the prizes.
PRO TIP: You can change teams (only once) at the very beginning of purchasing a hunt HUD before you have found any toys. So if you are hunting with friends, you can all choose to be on the same team color. Again, this is a one-time courtesy that can only be done at the very beginning.
The MadPea Christmas Hunt has already started! What are you waiting for? Let me give you my Top Reasons Why You Should Be Joining The Hunt:
1. Prizes – It is only Day 4 of the whole two week MadPea Christmas Hunt and teams have unlocked quite a few prizes already! Each of these prizes are of high quality, perfect for the Christmas season. Awesome prizes – need I say more?
2. Competition – Race for points and unlock more prizes as a team entity. The friendly competitiveness opens up so many opportunities for engagement and interaction among not only the teams, but with each individual MadPea hunter as we all embark on a gridwide adventure together. Those who are individually competitive are also recognized, as the daily top 3 hunters from each team are shown on the MadPea Christmas Hunt Scoreboard website here.
3. Community – While going sim to sim, hunting for toys, everyone I have met have been incredibly nice and supportive, even if they are essentially on different teams. Though each time color is competing against one another, we are still collectively working towards a common goal of collecting more points to unlock more prizes. In that sense, I love the feeling of a supportive and cooperative community the MadPea events seem to carry without fail.
4. Dynamic Gameplay – Each day’s hunt will be different. The toys are scripted to only last for a limited amount of time (24, 48, or 72 hours), making the hunt a lot more dynamic. Toys may disappear from where you may have last found them the day before and may reappear at a completely different location on the same sim. New toys are being placed out daily at different sims, making the hunt a constant mystery of where the HUD will take you next.
5. Exploration – This is what I find most exciting. I love seeing where this hunt will take me next as it fuels my drive to keep hunting for toys every day. I love seeing new places and experiencing what sorts of treasure they may offer. Note that a lot of these places these toys on this hunt will appear in some sort of commercial setting, but if you are a shopper like me, I love seeing what new products are out there that I may not have known existed before. The noncommercial sims are the ones I love most though – those are the ones I can explore and take neat pictures of, celebrating the creativity of the sim’s decoration.
6. Professional – Like I have said in my previous MadPea Hunt reviews, MadPea is the golden standard of a professional business in SL. Trust that the experience you are participating in has been tested over and over again to ensure that each participant has a good experience. You will be well taken care of by MadPea staff as well as a very a large MadPea community at your fingertips for prompt assistance.
ALL OF THIS FOR JUST $100L!!! This is not your normal freebie hunt – this is a fun and dynamic two week experience with amazing prizes that you’ll actually want and top of the line customer/hunter support.
Usually I clump the informative aspect of the hunt in with my personal experience such as showcasing several neat sim locations I have visited, but that forces me to put the single blog out later (maybe a week in) after I have spent some time doing the actual hunt and documenting my experience. Now, I am splitting the informative and personal posts up so I can get the information out quickly for readers to have more time to actually do the hunt. Then, my personal experiences and feedback can come anytime later, so check out my follow up post for the MadPea Christmas Hunt Experience that will come next week!
MadPea has done it again, and this time even better! I cannot wait to tell you guys all about MadPea’s newest hunt – MadPea Halloween Ghost Hunt. Ever since MadPea’s first hunt back in July (the MadPea Summer Hunt), I have been eager to experience the next one up their sleeves. MadPea did not disappoint with this one, and the experience has only just begun! As the hunt continues through its two week duration, I am sure there are more surprises and fun festivities along the way just like their previous one.
Jump Suit: [Signature] Horror – Plumber Suit by Raph Dirval
Proton Pack & Gun: MadPea Ghost Hunt Proton Pack & Plasma Gun – Team Purple by MadPea
Belt: [P.0.E] – Krieg Belt by Darksider Alex
Scanner: ~isil~ Portable Scanner 1.3 BLACK by Isilmeriel Resident
Pose made by me 🙂
The MadPea Halloween Ghost Hunt – How it works
Here’s a brief breakdown on how the MadPea Halloween Hunt works. For $100L, you can purchase a MadPea Halloween Hunt HUD at the MadPea HQ that grants you ability to hunt for ghosts that have been placed out gridwide from October 19th to November 2nd. This Ghost Finder HUD will also randomly assign you to a team – Black, Purple, or Orange. To find these ghosts, the HUD acts like a compass/radar that leads you to the apparitions.
There are three types of ghosts that you can find for points – Poltergeists, Shadows, and Ghost Orbs. There is also special kind of ghost that will give an instant prize instead of points. Poltergeists last for 72 hours and are 50 points each. Shadows last for 48 hours and are 25 points each. Ghost Orbs last for 24 hours and are 10 points each. With these points, you can redeem some fantastic prizes that can be found here.
You can bet that these prizes from MadPea are of great quality. If you remember from my last review of MadPea’s hunt, the rewards were definitely the initial incentive, but for me this time around the adventure is what keeps me coming back every day to see this hunt through.
TIP: Apparantly you can change teams at the very beginning of purchasing a hunt HUD before you have found any ghosts. So if you are hunting with friends, you can all choose to be on the same team color. This courtesy can only be done once.
MadPea Halloween Ghost Hunt made some changes from their last hunt – What are they?!
1. Top 5 Hunters (and the awards)!
Holy cow, you guys are going to love this one. Only the top 3 hunters were awarded for the Summer Hunt with 1st place taking home $5K, 2nd place gets $3k, and 3rd place gets $2k.
Guess what the new awards are now.
1st place – $10K (money, money, moneeyyyyyy!)
2nd place – $5K
3rd place – $2.5K
4th place – $1.5K
5th place – $1K
2. Hunting Gear
The Summer Hunt came with a cute seashell collecting bucket upon purchase of the hunt HUD. This time, there was no cute little container to hold your collected ghosts in. However, there are these amazing proton packs that come with a plasma gun available for purchase. Trust me on this – these packs are amazing. Originally I came to the MadPea sim to start the hunt dressed in my own gear with a Ghostbuster’s proton pack. That pack was immediately swapped out with this amazing (and superior) MadPea Ghost Hunt Proton Pack & Plasma Gun – Team Purple. As an added surprise, the Proton Pack and Plasma Gun both interact with the ghosts when you find them on the hunt, making what used to be a nonexistant visual experience to be an exciting treat!
This time’s hunt features a radar that visually confirms if a ghost is above or below you with arrows pointing up or down. Last summer hunt showed colors to indicate the same information. Up and down arrow indicators do a more straightforward job of indicating ghost location. FYI – a solid rectangle bar means the ghost is located at the same level/height as you are standing.
Why MadPea Halloween Ghost Hunt is so fun?
1. Prizes – It is only Day 4 of the whole two week MadPea Halloween Ghost Hunt and teams have unlocked quite a few prizes already! Each of these prizes are of high quality, perfect for the Halloween season. Each unlocked prize will get better (and most likely bigger) the more points they take to redeem. Pick and choose which of these fantastic prizes you want with the points you have accumulated.
2. Competition – You’ll be randomly assigned to a team (black, purple, or orange), racing for points and unlocking more prizes as a team entity. I love the friendly competititiveness of having teams race for points. This concept opens up so many opportunities for engagement and interaction amoung not only the teams, but with each individual MadPea hunter as we all embark on a gridwide adventure together. This hunt is not only great for those who are competitive in a team setting, but also those who are individually competitve as the top 5 hunters for the entire hunt will win a big cash prize.
3. Community – While going sim to sim, hunting for ghosts, you can tell who is participating in the MadPea Halloween Hunt even if they aren’t wearing the MadPea group tag. Everyone I have met have been incredibly nice and supportive, even if they are essentially on different teams. Though each time color is competing against one another, we are still collectively working towards a common goal of collecting more points to unlock more prizes. In that sense, I love the feeling of a supportive and cooperative community the MadPea events seem to carry without fail. Even if you are hunting alone, there is that sense of community still because there is usually always another MadPea hunter at the same place.
4. Dynamic Gameplay – Each day’s hunt will be different. The ghosts are scripted to only last for a limited amount of time (24, 48, or 72 hours), making the hunt a lot more dynamic. Ghosts may disappear from where you may have last found them the day before and may reappear at a completely different location on the same sim. New ghosts are being placed out daily at different sims, making the hunt a constant mystery of where the HUD will take you next.
5. Exploration – This is what I find most exciting. I love seeing where this hunt will take me next. The surprise of where this hunt can take me is what fuels my drive to keep hunting for ghosts every day. I love seeing new places and experiencing what sorts of treasure they may offer. Note that a lot of these places these ghosts on this hunt will appear in some sort of commercial setting, but if you are a shopper like me, I love seeing what new products are out there that I may not have known existed before. The noncommercial sims are the ones I love most though – those are the ones I can explore and take neat pictures of, celebrating the creativity of the sim’s decoration.
6. Professional – Like I have said in my MadPea Summer Hunt review before, MadPea is the golden standard of a professional business in SL. Trust that the experience you are participating in has been tested over and over again to ensure that each participant has a good experience. You will be well taken care of by MadPea staff as well as a very a large MadPea community at your fingertips for prompt assistance.
ALL OF THIS FOR JUST $100L!!! This is not your normal freebie hunt – this is an invaluable and dynamic two week experience with amazing prizes that you’ll actually want, a chance to win lots of money (for being the best ghost hunter – gotta catch ’em all!), and top of the line customer/hunter support.
My Halloween Ghost Hunt Adventure
Day 1 began with an unexpected visit to [Deadman Inc.] which is a very beautiful sim and seems to be someone’s home! Well, thank you for the kind welcome as I go hunting for ghosts at your lovely sim. This place is quite lovely and a great place to take pictures at, though I am not sure if it is usually open to public outside the hunt! The picture on the left is one I took at Deadman Inc. while the photo on the right is a visit to another home. To my surprise, I was greeted by a looming figure right outside the window where my ghost had appeared!
Day 2 was a fantastic and leisurely stroll on the beach. I would say this is a typical beautiful day here out in sunny Bundy Reef (insert evil, creepy laughter). Lots to see and explore on this “Dead Island”-ish sim. The picture on the left is one I took while searching for a ghost nearby and was distracted by a glowing blob. As I got closer, a zombie started chasing me and insects emerged from the glowing mound – yikes! On the right is actually a neat quiet area I found on a nicely decorated store sim (even though it is still under construction) owned by Baccyard & Witchcraft. Two separate stores share this sim and I love how it looks. At first, I thought it was an RP’ing sim and not a store sim!
Day 3 I came across an amazing haunted sim called Island of the Dolls. I loved exploring this place so much that I almost forgot I was supposed to be hunting for ghosts! Both of these pictures show some creepy moments I took while exploring this place. So far, this is my favorite place to visit so I definitely recommend you checking this sim out!
Day 4 was an interesting adventure! I came across this escape room experience that was totally unexpected! In order to find the ghost for the hunt, you have to figure out a way to escape the madness you were just plopped into. I definitely took my time in checking out every detail of this escape room to see what creative surprises were behind every door. Can you Escape the Madness?
Hey, it’s Caleb. Caleb Bryant. There’s not a simple explanation for – just kidding. This isn’t 13 reasons why the MadPea Summer Hunt is amazing. In fact, if I were to list all the reasons out, there would probably be more than just 13. Simply put, if you haven’t at least tried to participate in the newest interactive event produced by none other than the innovative MadPea Productions, then I will say that you are missing out.
I’ve been a MadPea supporter since 2014, buying into only the products I always thought were “so cool!” – my exact words. However, I did not join in on these events and games until rather recently (Sinister Slaughters, The Tower, Glass Jar exPEAdition, the Mystery Case). Other die-hard MadPeas who have participated in games and ExPEAditions since the beginning would probably be shaking their heads at me because I had missed out on all the fun. Sadly, it is true – I had been missing out! But not anymore, and here’s to hoping those who are reading this don’t miss out any more like I have been.
MadPea Summer Hunt Prizes
The MadPea Summer Hunt – How it works
Here’s a brief breakdown on how the MadPea Summer Hunt works. For $100L, you can purchase a MadPea Summer Hunt HUD at the MadPea HQ that grants you ability to hunt for seashells that have been placed out gridwide from June 25th to July 9th. To find these seashells, the HUD acts like a compass/radar that leads you to the treasure. Depending on the types of seashells collected, you gain a certain number of points. Some shells give 10 points, some 25, some 50, and even 100 points (during the time period of July 2-4). With these points, you can redeem some fantastic prizes, perfect for having fun in the summer, that can be found here.
Trust me, these prizes are really great quality. At first, the main reason why I even participated in this hunt were for the rewards! But as I continued with the hunt, there’s a lot more to why this hunt stands out and is the most addictive hunt I have ever done, which I will go into further below.
Definitely! You might say: “But it’s just a hunt, I’ve done hundreds of those!” This hunt is definitely a different breed of hunting. In fact, it is the best hunt I have ever participated in since my 10 years in SL. First off, you are hunting to earn points which you later redeem for a high quality prize(s) of your choosing. Your points are kept track of in real time and there is a gridwide leaderboard system. Plus, this hunt has been created by a professional business company so you bet that the hunt will run smoothly with a large support team and a large MadPea community at your fingertips.
Second, you are split into teams (there are three teams total), racing for points and unlocking more prizes as a team entity and as a collective. I really enjoyed the introduction of teams racing against each other for points. It vastly broadened the monotony of solo hunting and created a more engaging gridwide gameplay that invites more interaction, and of course, competition. More individually competitive than team competitive? There’s a daily $500L reward to each of the top point contributors of each team as an incentive for those lone wolf hunters. Top three hunters by the end of the hunt receive a big reward of $5K for 1st place, $3K for 2nd place, and $2K for 3rd place.
Third, while the hunt lasts only for two weeks, the shells themselves are scripted to only last for a limited amount of time (24, 48, or 72 hours), making the hunt a lot more dynamic. Shells may disappear from where you may have last found them the day before and may or may not reappear at a totally different place on the sim. New shells are being placed out daily at different sims, making the hunt a constant mystery of where the HUD will take you next.
Fourth, while you are hunting for these seashells, the MadPea HUD can take you to some really neat locations. And even though this is listed fourth way down, I will say that going out to see all these new locations in the SL world has been the most rewarding part of this MadPea adventure. To be fair, because of the business model of which MadPea has allowed anyone with a fee to participate in hiding these seashells for traffic, exposure, and participation, some of these locations you will be hunting at are hit or misses. As a full disclosure, not everywhere would be a place you may be comfortable with. However, while hunting for seashells, I have found some really beautiful and interesting sims that have landmarked for future visits whether it be for photography, hang outs, dancing, or even yes – more shopping.
Fifth, all prizes are not revealed at the beginning of the hunt. This is incredibly smart, encouraging hunters to keep coming back for more participating even after a day or two of hunting is over. A week into the hunt, prizes were still being unlocked and each one gets better and better since the prize value themselves are increased with every unlocked achievement from gathering collective points. Most hunts last only a day for an individual, whether they complete the hunt all in one go or get bored of it after a while. But this hunt is dynamic and encourages repeated daily hunting through not only individual or team competition, as well as the promise of new prizes that get revealed the more points are gathered.
Things I absolutely loved about the MadPea Summer Hunt
1. The exploration! I forget just how massive and diverse the SL world is. With just this hunt alone, I have visited a vast range of locations from underwater realms to elegant dom/sub safe zones. And though I have only been hunting off and on for a week now (started a few days late), my favorite spot I came across has been a classy decorated Jazz club called The Jazz Den. I’ve seen a few clubs in my days, even fewer are the jazz clubs, but as a person who loves to listen to some soulful jazz when the mood strikes, I know I will be going to visit this Jazz Club. Nicely decorated interior with plenty of luxury seating and open dance space in front of a live concert stage. Classy bar and outdoor area by the waters for a relaxing time to enjoy the beautiful scenery. I was quite impressed by the overall atmosphere of the club to the fine details of decor that was placed – you can tell this place was built with passion, and it translates well.
2. Community. While going sim to sim, hunting for seashells, you can tell who is participating in the MadPea Summer Hunt even if they aren’t wearing the MadPea group tag or sporting their team color’s free (and cute) accessories that are available for each team. Everyone I have met have been incredibly nice and supportive, even if they are essentially on different teams. Though each time color is competing against one another, we are still collectively working towards a common goal of collecting more points to unlock more prizes. In that sense, I love the feeling of a supportive and cooperative community the MadPea events seem to carry without fail. Even if you are hunting alone, there is that sense of community still because there is usually always another MadPea hunter at the same place. 3. The prizes and the price. Let’s not kid ourselves. $100L for a two-week hunting experience plus awesome, high-quality prizes that can be redeemed for points (some seashells can also reward instant prizes as well!) is unbeatable. I mean, I suppose if it were free like most hunts, that could make it ‘beatable’ but if you think about all the work that has been put into such a smooth, well-produced MadPea hunt with all these high quality prizes that you will actually want and use, $100L is nothing compared to that.
Things I thought could have made the MadPea Hunt even more amazing
While I loved the concept of the teams, I really wish it could have been taken a step further to encourage more team competitiveness and collaboration. I love co-op games from old school Nintendo Mario to classic League of Legends to modern Rainbow Six Siege, so I would have loved to see something more collaboration come out of the teams. For every sports game, there’s a half time break to regroup, inspire, and re-strategize. It would have been amazing for the MadPea Summer Hunt Team Captains to have hosted some sort of official/planned gathering or pep rally half way through the hunt to “rally up the troops”, so to speak. This could have been in a form of a pool party/bbq hang out or even a beach party dance. Regardless of the activity, the main idea would have been to allow fellow MadPea Summer Hunters to connect with their team more and be further inspired to contribute more, make new friends, and come out of this hunt experience with so much more than newly discovered land and neat prizes. Note that there was an informal dance-off between two teams to countdown the unlocking of the final prize with a combined team total of 10 million points.