It’s that time of year – Christmas is here (and so is MadPea’s Magical Christmas Hunt)! We’re not alone in our mad scramble to spread holiday cheer both in RL and SL, but Santa seems to have found himself in a bit of madness as well! And we, as the helpful MadPea elves that we are, need to find all the enchanted toys scattered all over the grid to *drumroll* SAVE CHRISTMAS! \o/ /o\ \o/ Okay, don’t mind me – probably had a bit too much of that Rum and Bourbon Eggnog.
MadPea’s Magical Christmas Hunt for Enchanted Toys will be the last hunt MadPea Productions puts on for 2017, and I am confident it will be the best one yet. As you all know, I am a massive fan of the MadPea hunts. They are simple, straightforward, eventful fun for two weeks. Tons of exploration, plenty of collaboration opportunities, and good ol’ fashioned competition – MadPea hunts are not “just any kind of hunt.” Only costing 100L to participate you are rewarded with heaps of great gifts/prizes.
What kind of awesome gifts? Well I am sure you’d like to see for yourself here on their official Facebook page!
Elf Ears: UNISEX[MANDALA]STEKING_EARS_Season 5 by kikunosuke Eel
Santa Hat: *ARGRACE* Winter Gift 2016 / Male by rika Oyen
Jacket: .:PARKER:.-MIYAZAKI JACKET.white. by Piter Redstar
Pants: .:PARKER:.-MIYAZAKI PANTS.white. by Piter Redstar
Jetpack: ~Isil~ T-5 Hummingbird Jetpack (1.1) [customized] by Isilmeriel Resident
Reindeer Slippers: MadPea Reindeer Slippers by MadPea (MadPea Christmas Hunt Prize)
Candy Cane Wand: MadPea Magical Candy Cane Wand – Red by MadPea (MadPea Christmas Hunt, purchased separately)
Pose made by me 🙂
North Pole Sign: MadPea North Pole Light by MadPea (MadPea Christmas Hunt Prize)
Hanging Elf: Mutresse-Wrecking Ball-Naughty Elf by Eeky Cioc (part of the Naughty Elf gacha from December 2017 Arcade)
Log Deer: MadPea Rustic Deer by MadPea (MadPea Christmas Hunt Prize)
Decorative Christmas Ornaments: MadPea Outdoor Christmas Ornament – Merry; MadPea Outdoor Christmas Ornament – Christmas by MadPea (MadPea Christmas Hunt Prize)
SnowCouple: MadPea Minty the Snowboy; MadPea Berry the Snowgirl by MadPea (MadPea Christmas Hunt Prize)
Santa’s Workshop: RO – Santas Workshop – Workshop RARE by AxsisThorn Resident (part of the Santa’s Workshop gacha from December 2017 Arcade)
Lamp Post: RO – Santas Workshop – Lamp Post by AxsisThorn Resident (part of the Santa’s Workshop gacha from December 2017 Arcade)
Reindeer Pups: JIAN Santa’s Samoyeds 7. Reindeer Pup Companion; JIAN Santa’s Samoyeds 12. Reindeer Wanderer by JianSL Resident (part of the Santa’s Samoyeds gacha from December 2017 Arcade)
Santa Pup: JIAN Santa’s Samoyeds 9. Santa Pup Companion by JianSL Resident (part of the Santa’s Samoyeds gacha from December 2017 Arcade)
Sleigh: MadPea Christmas Chariot – Red by MadPea (MadPea Christmas Hunt, purchased separately)
Toys in sleigh: RO – Sleigh Bells – Presents RARE by AxsisThorn Resident (part of the Sleigh Bells gacha from December 2015 Arcade)
– Kalopsia – Santa’s Bag of Toys [modified] by Isabeau Baragula
Snowy trees: hive // fir tree set by TheHiveStore Resident
Christmas Tree: PILOT – Christmas Village 2 – Town Christmas Tree RARE [modified] by Kaz Nayar (part of the Christmas Village 2 gacha from December 2014 Arcade)
Clock Tower: PILOT – Christmas Village 2 – Clock Tower RARE [modified] by Kaz Nayar (part of the Christmas Village 2 gacha from December 2014 Arcade)
The MadPea Christmas Hunt – How It Works
Here’s a brief breakdown on how the MadPea Christmas Hunt works. For $100L, you can purchase a MadPea Christmas Hunt HUD at the MadPea Toy Factory that grants you ability to hunt for enchanted toys that have been placed out gridwide from December 14th to December 28th. This Enchanted Toy Finder HUD will also randomly assign you to a team – Green, Red, or White. To find these toys, the HUD acts like a compass/radar that leads you to them.
There are three types of toys that you can find for points – Robots, Stuffed Toys, and Wheelies. There is also special kind of hunt item (A chimney! – now wouldn’t it be funny if you get stuffed down the chimney if you found this one?!) that will give an instant prize instead of points. Robots last for 72 hours and are 50 points each. Stuffed Toys last for 48 hours and are 25 points each. Wheelies last for 24 hours and are 10 points each. With these points, you can redeem some fantastic prizes that can be found here.
As a team, unlock prizes (more than 30 total!) the more toys that are captured. Each unlocked prize gets better and better (and most likely bigger too), so you definitely want to be gathering as many toys as you can find! Pick and choose which of these fantastic prizes you want with the points you have accumulated. Everyone has two weeks to work together, as a team, to unlock all the prizes.
To learn more about the MadPea Magical Christmas Hunt, go here: http://www.madpeagames.com/christmas-hunt/
PRO TIP: You can change teams (only once) at the very beginning of purchasing a hunt HUD before you have found any toys. So if you are hunting with friends, you can all choose to be on the same team color. Again, this is a one-time courtesy that can only be done at the very beginning.
The MadPea Christmas Hunt has already started! What are you waiting for? Let me give you my Top Reasons Why You Should Be Joining The Hunt:
1. Prizes – It is only Day 4 of the whole two week MadPea Christmas Hunt and teams have unlocked quite a few prizes already! Each of these prizes are of high quality, perfect for the Christmas season. Awesome prizes – need I say more?
2. Competition – Race for points and unlock more prizes as a team entity. The friendly competitiveness opens up so many opportunities for engagement and interaction among not only the teams, but with each individual MadPea hunter as we all embark on a gridwide adventure together. Those who are individually competitive are also recognized, as the daily top 3 hunters from each team are shown on the MadPea Christmas Hunt Scoreboard website here.
3. Community – While going sim to sim, hunting for toys, everyone I have met have been incredibly nice and supportive, even if they are essentially on different teams. Though each time color is competing against one another, we are still collectively working towards a common goal of collecting more points to unlock more prizes. In that sense, I love the feeling of a supportive and cooperative community the MadPea events seem to carry without fail.
4. Dynamic Gameplay – Each day’s hunt will be different. The toys are scripted to only last for a limited amount of time (24, 48, or 72 hours), making the hunt a lot more dynamic. Toys may disappear from where you may have last found them the day before and may reappear at a completely different location on the same sim. New toys are being placed out daily at different sims, making the hunt a constant mystery of where the HUD will take you next.
5. Exploration – This is what I find most exciting. I love seeing where this hunt will take me next as it fuels my drive to keep hunting for toys every day. I love seeing new places and experiencing what sorts of treasure they may offer. Note that a lot of these places these toys on this hunt will appear in some sort of commercial setting, but if you are a shopper like me, I love seeing what new products are out there that I may not have known existed before. The noncommercial sims are the ones I love most though – those are the ones I can explore and take neat pictures of, celebrating the creativity of the sim’s decoration.
6. Professional – Like I have said in my previous MadPea Hunt reviews, MadPea is the golden standard of a professional business in SL. Trust that the experience you are participating in has been tested over and over again to ensure that each participant has a good experience. You will be well taken care of by MadPea staff as well as a very a large MadPea community at your fingertips for prompt assistance.
ALL OF THIS FOR JUST $100L!!! This is not your normal freebie hunt – this is a fun and dynamic two week experience with amazing prizes that you’ll actually want and top of the line customer/hunter support.
Usually I clump the informative aspect of the hunt in with my personal experience such as showcasing several neat sim locations I have visited, but that forces me to put the single blog out later (maybe a week in) after I have spent some time doing the actual hunt and documenting my experience. Now, I am splitting the informative and personal posts up so I can get the information out quickly for readers to have more time to actually do the hunt. Then, my personal experiences and feedback can come anytime later, so check out my follow up post for the MadPea Christmas Hunt Experience that will come next week!